Business Development Manager - StudentUniverse Careers
Business Development Manager
We require a Business Development Manager to drive the growth of StudentUniverse by building relationships with adventure and youth travel providers as well as schools, colleges and universities. You will secure these new clients for our growing team of travel consultants.
Specifically, your core responsibilities will include:
- Generating new business leads through prospecting, cold calling, networking events and targeting key accounts
- Meeting and reporting on monthly sales and revenue targets
- Building strong relationships with the StudentUniverse retail team in Southwark, London to ensure that new business is managed effectively
- Negotiating commercial agreements for new and existing clients
- Creating proposals for clients, using all resources available
This is an exciting new division within a global travel company and therefore the successful candidate will have an exceptional opportunity to make their mark in a growing team with ambitious plans for the future.
What you'll need
- Proven ability to meet sales targets
- Driven with a strong decision-making ability
- Strong academic record (ideally an undergraduate degree)
- Passion for travel
To achieve in this role, you'll need a high level of business acumen and the ability to make strategic decisions based on key data. You'll also have impressive sales and networking skills, with the ability to secure new business through networking, cold calling and face-to-face meetings. In addition, you will need:
- Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
- Exceptional career progression with opportunities across the globe
- Fast Track leadership programme to develop the future leaders of our business
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Free and confidential financial advice from our in-house financial advisors
- Free health consultations, discounted fitness sessions and gym memberships
- Bronze level health cash plan
- Opportunity to take a three month sabbatical after five years
- Discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, tax-free bikes and more…
What you'll gain
You'll receive a guarantee of £25,000 for your first six months and your realistic first year OTE is £30,000. As part of the multi-award winning Flight Centre Travel Group, you'll also gain access to a plethora of benefits including:
To ApplyPlease send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
More about StudentUniverse
StudentUniverse launched in 2000 and is headquartered in Boston with offices in London, Toronto, New York and the Philippines. StudentUniverse believes that travel is essential to a modern education.
Through negotiations with a network of global partners, StudentUniverse offers exclusive discounts on airfares, hotels and tours to students and travellers between 18-25 years old so they can make global experiences a reality for as many young travellers as possible. StudentUniverse is a part of the Flight Centre Travel Group, one of the world’s largest travel companies.
With millions of students using the service each year, it really is the number one choice for student and youth travel booking.