There’s no better time to go travelling than after University, you’ll have the rest of your life ahead of you to settle down so why not do something different. You’re no longer in the cycle of education, so you have to see what’s out there. To get you motivated here at StudentUniverse we have comprised a list of the top reasons you should go travelling after university.
1. You don’t have any big commitments like a mortgage or a job, so take some time out whilst you can to travel around the world.
2. The world is a big place, why not learn about different cultures and broaden your knowledge. Taking a trip around the world after uni will broaden your perspectives and change your world view.
3. You can work whilst travelling which means that you’ll have enough money to support you on the road. Not in the mood to plan every last detail? There are work abroad programs that take care of everything for you! From the work abroad flights to finding you a job in Australia or New Zealand, StudentUniverse knows how to make your life easier.
4. A well-structured gap year before working life goes a long with employers as it shows initiative and organisation amongst other things. It is particularly useful if you’ve done paid work abroad or learnt a new language whilst travelling as this can help boost your CV.
5. After the stress of university and final year I’m sure your ready for a break!
6. Going travelling will give you plenty of time to reflect on what you want to do when you return home.
7. When you’re between 16-26, you get some of the best travel discounts. So make the most of them.
8. Just because your housemate has secured a job doesn’t mean you have to right now.
9. Travel is only going to get more difficult with age. Not just because of piling on responsibilities, but because of your health as well. Your body can handle a lot more now than it will be able to later. Have you ever wanted to hike the Great Wall of China? Go skydiving in Australia? Opportunities abound when you have no strings attached.
10. Traveling will force you out of your comfort zone. You’ll find yourself being independent by figuring how to get around, budgeting and scheduling which is important for later life.
11. You’ll have the most amazing gap year stories and experiences which you can pass on to other budding travelers.
12. You’ll have a personal accomplishment. You’ll be proving to yourself that you can stand on your own two feet and take anything that life throws at you.
There’s a world of opportunity out there just waiting to be explored, so make sure you don’t miss out! Remember, the only thing that’s limiting you is your imagination.
If you’re a student discount hunter, you can get student only rates on flights, hotels and tours at StudentUniverse.